|This game is currently in development. There is no download or playable content as yet. All information is based on Developer Journals, the Kickstarter, and community discussions with developers.|
Prologue: The Awakening
Prologue: The Awakening is an offline, single-player experience designed to act as a hands-on test of some of the game's most important client feature areas. It ties in closely with Soulbound Studio's "Rope Bridge" philosophy of development, as it is a first opportunity to get feedback from players, even before the Alpha 1 (Pre-Alpha) release of the game client and server.
- Coming to be (AKA character creation)
- Not being naked and afraid (AKA inventory & equipment)
- Touching everything (AKA world interaction)
- Getting around (AKA navigation, locomotion & beasts of burden)
- Not dying (AKA food, rest, & shelter)
- Dying (AKA character lifecycle & souls)
- Killing stuff (AKA combat)
- Making things (AKA crafting)
- Cooperating with folk (AKA laws, crime, & punishment)
- Cooperating with nature (AKA farming, hunting, & resource management)
- Social graces (AKA identity, reputation, & NPC interactions)
- Access Restriction (Taboo locations, Locked doors & objects)
The Prologue serves a dual purpose. While it will initially be "pre-alpha" quality and as such be released to Alpha 1 backers and high influencers only, it also serves as an introduction to the world and the story. In fact, the events of the Prologue are quite significant and take place approximately five Elyrian years before the start of Exposition. As a result, at some point before Exposition SBS will make the Prologue available for all backers to play.