|This game is currently in development. There is no download or playable content as yet. All information is based on Developer Journals, the Kickstarter, and community discussions with developers.|
Chronicles of Elyria has been built with four basic abstract character roles in mind. Each role plays a unique part in the economy, requires different skill sets, and splits into different sub-specialties. Despite this general design consensus, there is no defined set of player roles per se, and players will be able to decide what role or roles they want to play and may combine skills to their own choosing.
Different roles and specialties require different levels of capital, human resources, and ingenuity. As a player, your tolerance for risk and the types of activities you like to do will help you naturally determine which Character Roles are suitable for you.
Each character role is designed for different kinds of player on a spectrum of social or RP to combat-oriented game play with Producer being at the social end, champion being at the opposite end, with both gatherer and explorer somewhere in-between has hybrids. 
Supplier[edit | edit source]
- Gatherers are responsible for gathering or raising basic resources, such as ore, gems, wood, food crops, animal by-products, and so on.
- Merchants travel long distances to sell more extraordinary or rare materials in places they are geographically unavailable.
Producer[edit | edit source]
- In general, Producers stay within the safety of a town and rely on suppliers to go outside and fetch the things they need.
- When they're not crafting they're selling their goods in a storefront or auction house.
Explorer[edit | edit source]
Explorers are those who specialize in survival skills, allowing them to be out of town for long periods of time, roaming the badlands, braving forests, and wading through swamps. They're the treasure hunters of the world. Whether it’s an untapped mine, an unspoiled tomb, or a magical tree in the middle of an uncharted forest, Explorers make their living by knowing what's where, and charting the safest way to get there.
Champion[edit | edit source]
Champions are the bodyguards, sell-sword, soldiers, and dungeon-delvers of the world. When Explorers discover uncharted new territories, it is the Champion who proceeds forward and gives the all clear. When merchants makes their way along dangerous trade routes, it’s the Champion who keeps them safe.
References[edit | edit source]
- Kickstarter professión kits info
- Caspian.##1.17.2018#Skills & Trades# Soul Chamber Discord Channel Timestamp. 17 January 2018.