|This game is currently in development. There is no download or playable content as yet. All information is based on Developer Journals, the Kickstarter, and community discussions with developers.|
Upcoming[edit | edit source]
The following information is subject to change and these dates are only development dates. This development schedule is dated from July 2017
- Q - Quarter (3 month period)
- T - Trimester (4 month period)
- S - Semester (6 month period)
|Dev Event||Estimated Dev Start||Actual Start||Completed|
|Website 3.0||Q3 2017||Q3 2017||Ongoing|
|Server Selection||T1 2018||Q4 2018||Q2 2019|
|Domain & Settlement Selection||Q1 2019||Q2 2019|
|Prelyria - Alpha 1 ||Q2 2018|
|Alpha 1||T1 2018|
|Kingdoms of Elyria||T2 2018|
|Design Experiences||T3 2018|
|Alpha 2 & Architecture Tool||T3 2018|
|Beta 1||S1 2019|
|Prologue & CoE Adventure Toolkit ||S1 2019|
|Beta 2||S1/S2 2019|
|Stress Test||S2 2019|
Soft Launches[edit | edit source]
Kingdoms of Elyria: Uses the Prelyria client and allows people to play remnants of the past, their ancestors, to help test some functionality and also to help build on the recent history (Previous 52 years). Access to Kingdoms of Elyria requires a paid package - any package, from Elyrian all the way up to King.
Exposition: Uses the UE4 client and takes place slightly before official launch. Access to Exposition requires a Bloodline Package or higher.
Test phases[edit | edit source]
- Pre-Alpha (Requires Alpha 1, then Alpha 2)
- Alpha 1 (Requires Alpha 1)
- Alpha 2 (Requires 'at least' Alpha 2)
- Beta (Requires 'at least' B1, then B2)
- Stress Test (Requires 'at least' Beta 2)
Alpha[edit | edit source]
Alpha testing is intended to be functional testing. The focus here is on game-play mechanics rather than bugs. It is an opportunity to validate the game as fun and make changes as necessary to ensure the best possible design.
- Alpha 1 focuses on the adventurer tier. The mechanics here will focus on survival, exploration, combat, and crafting. Basically, most of the features that adventurers are likely to use.
- Alpha 2 focuses on the gentry, aristocracy, and nobility tiers, with mechanics such as land management, housing and settlement building, and domain and kingdom management.
Beta[edit | edit source]
Beta testing is about finding bugs and ensuring as smooth a launch as possible.
- Beta 1 is about finding bugs unrelated to stress or latency. The focus will be on UI/mechanical bugs that are not time-critical, such as crafting, settlement and domain management, survival, etc.
- Beta 2 is about finding bugs that are related to stress or latency. The focus will be on combat and other high-action activities.
History[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Caspian, State of Elyria - July 2017, 27 July 2017
- Snipehunter, The votes are in! Map Voting is Over and the Winners are..., 19 November 2018
- Caspian, A Year of Foundation, 12 January 2018
- Caspian, Adventure Completion: From Pre to Alpha, 3 October 2018
- Caspian, CoE Discord tag ##4.1.2018#Game Phases#, 1 April 2018
- Serpentius, CoE Discord tag, ##2.5.2019#Testing phases#, 5 February 2019