|This game is currently in development. There is no download or playable content as yet. All information is based on Developer Journals, the Kickstarter, and community discussions with developers.|
Introduction[edit | edit source]
It is currently unconfirmed if players that fall below these thresholds will be able to take part for much of exposition but it is widely believed they will get at least a few days of exposition to spend EP.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
Exposition has 2 goals:
World building[edit | edit source]
|“||With all of the questions about Exposition (the three month story-development phase), losing resources, land, titles, etc... we wanted to re-assure people that the goal of exposition, while partly to build conflict, story, and unfolding events, is also about giving early players an opportunity to build out a flourishing world.||„|
This is accomplished by allowing each tier of influence - Nobility, Aristocracy, and Gentry, enter Exposition by their level of influence (Tier 12 with 100,000 influence enters before a tier 11 with 50,000 or even 99,999 influence, etcetera). This allows each tier to have an amount of time correlating to their tier level to use their EP for world building. For example, a count needs time to fairly distribute land plots for the gentry who will use their Ep to claim land. Thus, gentry won't be able to claim land around the settlement to force the mayor to purchase the land and weaken the financial state of the settlement. This is to make sure the mechanics are less exploitable.
Create a dramatic story[edit | edit source]
|“||Through the establishment of conflicts. So it is not a clear black & white.||„|
Exposition Phases[edit | edit source]
Exposition has three phases:
- During the first phase there will be no non-voluntary PvP. Meaning, you can spar/duel in order to begin mastering combat, but you will not be able to attack other friendlies. At the same time, you will not be able to commit any crimes. No stealing, lock-picking, etc...
- During the second phase you will be able to commit most crimes as well as incapacitate other players, but you will not be able to coup de grace, nor build siege equipment.
- During the third and final phase the gloves come off. We will give players anywhere from one week to one month of unrestrained, open-world PvP before the server finally opens.
The amount of time that each stage will last for will be determined by the amount of progress made in developing the world by players.
Exposition Points[edit | edit source]
Exposition Points are the currency used during Exposition. When you buy a pledge package Bloodline or greater, you get an amount of EP that you can use to customize your package. You also have the option to buy more EP. More EP provides more options, more flexibility, and allows players to play a bigger role at launch. For example, if you want to be a skill trainer, more EP can mean more exclusive or limited patterns or techniques known at launch for you to teach to others. There is no minimum or maximum of EP, it is only about what you want your starting experience to be.
References[edit | edit source]
- Serpentius, Post #8 in Forum thread "EP Bought before Bloodline", 19 May 2017
- Caspian Ep Kits and Item Projection, 8 May 2017
- Caspian, Kickstarter Update #4, 6 May, 2016
- Snipehunter, CoE Discord tag ##2.5.2019#Exposition & Kingdoms of Elyria, February 5, 2019
- Serpentius, CoE Discord tag, ##01.13.2019#NPCs/AI/Death/Exposition/Culture#, 13 January 2019