|This game is currently in development. There is no download or playable content as yet. All information is based on Developer Journals, the Kickstarter, and community discussions with developers.|
|This article is a stub. You can help Chronicles of Elyria Wiki by .|
A talent is a rare and powerful thing, there are a wide range of talents planned for the game. Talents are intended to help drive the story forward, creating heroes and villains, and how they use their powers can urge players to stop them or to fight with them. 
Gaining Talents[edit | edit source]
There are two ways to gain a talent.
- You get one randomly, at Character Creation. Each character has a chance of getting a Talent. However, you don't know that you have a Talent, and it needs to be activated somehow, with some kind of trigger. That could be anything.
- You get a talent by simply to making yourself part of the story. That means that if a character, at some time, is in the best position to advance the story, the Soulborn Engine might give him a Talent to help him do that.
With both of these combined less than 5% of the population that will have a Talent latent or discovered.
While your character might have a latent talent, if you do not partake in the story-line to trigger that talent, then the Engine may remove this latent talent from you and assign to someone else more meeting the criteria.
If you are farmer that does nothing more than till the fields bake bread and supply the passing traveler, you are less likely to gain a talent. However, if you are involved in the 10-year story arc designed by the developers and interact with the world and engage in a way to make a difference, may it be negative or positive, then you will have a higher chance of discovering a talent.
Talents can also possibly become stronger through use, allowing a player to enhance their ability although this has not been confirmed.
Talents will not be in the game at launch and will be added later at an unspecified date, like magic.
Known Talents[edit | edit source]
Talents could have positive or negative impacts, some known talents are below:
References[edit | edit source]
- Walsh, Jeromy "Caspian" Q&A Session 8th February - Page 16 Q&A sessions - Chronicles of Elyria
- Walsh, Jeromy "Caspian" "Design Journal #1 – Introduction to Souls." Developer Journals - Chronicles of Elyria.
- Walsh, Jeromy "Caspian" Q&A Session 2th November - Page 3 Q&A sessions - Chronicles of Elyria
- Walsh, Jeromy "Caspian" Q&A Session 10th November - Page 8 Q&A sessions - Chronicles of Elyria